What we do
Our team of analysts score a range of cell types for chromosome aberrations and other types of cytogenetic endpoints. We are fully set up to operate as part of multi-site studies with GLP compliance as the foundation of our operations.
How and when our analysis service can help:
- Meeting tight deadlines or reducing a backlog of slides.
- Giving laboratories the opportunity to offer slide analysis when there are no trained cytogeneticists in-house, on a temporary (while staff are being trained) or more permanent basis.
- Verifying the scoring of new trainees by splitting the analysis for comparison of aberration levels.
Courier transport of slides is rapid and reliable. As soon as the analysis is complete, data sheets are scanned and emailed to the client. With 6 analysts in total, very fast turn-around times can be achieved, as we often have the flexibility to schedule in analysis at short notice.
- Part of the preparation before we perform analysis for a new client includes ensuring that we will be conforming to how the analysis is carried out and recorded in your laboratory.
- Experience of more than two decades with more than 50 laboratories means that we know the questions to ask, and this information is recorded on a form supplied to all our analysts.
- For laboratories new to the tests we provide a default scheme which conforms to the International System for Chromosome Nomenclature (ISCN) and a standard raw data sheet template.
GLP and Quality Assurance
- Good Laboratory Practice compliance is central to our operation. The data generated meet the five qualities of proper documentation, and our Standard Operating Procedures ensure that all stages of our part of a study are controlled, monitored and fully recorded.
- As part of our GLP compliance all analysts are audited regularly, and receive refresher training annually.